Thursday, August 18, 2011
He predicted what would happen in Detroit
As far as I know late 80's detroit was basically bound to turn out exactly as it was portrayed in Robocop. Basically Detroit seems to always be destined to suck ass. Robocop however specifically points out that Detroit will have a housing and real estate crash in which realtors will be replaced by TV's. Not only is this a great idea to take away the completely inflated and stupid realtors who bitch about their flyers and park benches not bringing in business it points out that Paul Verhoeven knew what would be a main factor in the eventual downfall of Detroit(housing market/robot's becoming self aware and murdering people who double park- ED206). Also presidents dead in Santa Barbara? Sounds like Ronald Reagon analogy. But whats important is not to fear Robocop because according to Paul: How you do [a remake] now, you’d have to go into all of the digital world, and I’m not sure that would improve the soul of the movie, you know? The point of Robocop, of course, it is a Christ story. It is about a guy who gets crucified in the first 50 minutes, and then is resurrected in the next 50 minutes, and then is like the supercop of the world, but is also a Jesus figure as he walks over water at the end. Walking over water was in the steel factory in Pittsburgh, and there was water there, and I put something just underneath the water so he could walk over the water and say that wonderful line, “I am not arresting you anymore.” Meaning, I’m going to shoot you. And that is of course the American Jesus.(http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2010/04/paul-verhoeven-robocop-was-a-jesus-metaphor). " So when we create robocop to shoot Detroit rapists in the dick and smash up convenience stores don't worry... Its just Jesus? Fucking sweet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment